Shoutem App Maker Review - How to Make an App
Trying to learn how to create an app that you can sell or use to market your business? Shoutem is an app maker that makes it possible to make your own app even if you have no previous coding or app design experience. Launched in January 2011, the service has earned top reviews from publications like Mashable, Tech Crunch and Entrepreneur and is used by some major companies like Simon & Shuster. Read on to learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of this app development software.
Here's look at some of the basic features of the software
- Initial Setup. Getting started with Shoutem is quick and simple. They offer a beautiful selection of templates, so you don't have to worry about your app being dull and uncreative. The content management system makes it easy to import graphics and get the basic framework of your app in place.
- Customisation. Once the initial app is in place, you can customize it without having to use code. The drag and drop interface allows you to create very unique apps and add features like location syncing, catalogues and social media linking. The flexibility of the program makes it suitable for creating a wide variety of apps.
- Monetisation. With Shoutem, there are various modules available that allow you to generate a profit from your app. You can add mobile advertising, deals, coupons and an e-commerce shopping cart to your app.
- Publishing. All Shoutem plans include automated publishing directly to the App Store and to Google Play without having to leave the app development software interface. This greatly simplifies and speeds up the process of getting your apps live and available for download.
- Management. After publishing, updates can be automatically sent to the App Store and Google Play right from the dashboard when you fix bugs or add new features. You can also keep track of your user behavior with Shoutem's app analytics which include active users, visited pages, session length, and more.
- Customer Service. Unfortunately, the customer service team can only be contacted by email when you need further assistance. However, Shoutem has an extremeley large library of support videos and articles. Therefore, you stand a very good chance of finding the answer to your query without needing to contact them.
- Cost. Shoutem allows you to try its app maker product for free. After the trial period, you can choose from three different plans. The Basic plan costs $22.90 per month or $19.90 billed annually, while the Advanced plan costs $58.90 per month or $49.00 billed annually. These options will meet the needs of many businesses. Those who want more advanced features like API access and push notifications can choose the Unlimited plan, which costs $139.90 per month or $119.90 billed annually.
Summary of the Pros of Choosing Shoutem as an App Maker
There are a number of advantages to choosing Shoutem as the program to make your own app with:
- Ease of Use. Shoutem truly allows you to make an app easily even if you've never done it before. You don't have to know anything about app design coding to make an easy-to-use, attractive app with the program.
- Numerous Features. With many app development programs, the Basic plans only entitle you to a few very basic features. Shoutem is different in that the app maker has many features available in its Basic package. Many people won't need to upgrade to the Advanced plan at all.
- Few Additional Fees. Shoutem doesn't charge for updates and upgrades the way that many app development software programs do.
- Try Before You Buy Feature. The free trial allows you to test drive Shoutem and see how to create an app with it before you commit to purchasing it. There's truly no risk in trying it out.
Summary of the Cons of Choosing Shoutem as an App Maker
There are a small number of disadvantages that come with Shoutem that you should know about before you purchase a Basic or Advanced plan. These include:
- Limitations for Formats. With the Basic version of Shoutem, you can only make your own app in HTML5, which limits your ability to use it on many platforms. Even if you upgrade to the Advanced version, there is no option for app development specifically for the iPad, which again limits your ability to market your app to certain users. Only the Unlimited plan offers support for iPad app development.
- No In App Subscriptions. If you're trying to learn how to make an app that will earn you money through monetisation, Shoutem does have some features that will help; however, it is lacking one feature that many other apps offer--in-app subscription purchases. For some apps, you won't miss this feature, but if your app is in certain niches, Shoutem may not fully meet your needs.
A Brief Look at Shoutem
With Shoutem, you can build a mobile app even if you have no experience with coding, but what you can accomplish with the program is determined by what you're willing to pay. Every version gives you access to the simple-to-use drag and drop interface and all its many exceptional features. But to have the ability to produce apps for a wide range of platforms, you will need to choose one of the pricier plans. That said, Shoutem is far from the most expensive app maker on the market, but it's certainly one of the best, and the Advanced plan at $49.00 per month should suit almost every business. There is also a free trial available that allows you to give the app maker a test drive before you commit to a plan.
Shoutem is one of the most popular app makers on the market today, and with good reason. Overall, Shoutem is the perfect choice for new users as well as more experienced designers who want to create apps that look truly original and dynamic. Allowing companies of all sizes to create an app that is uniquely suited to the nature of their business.
With millions of people now using their smartphones to research products and services online before they buy, deciding... Read More
It used to be that having an online presence was all that you needed for success. Then, it was enough to have a mobile-friendly... Read More