DudaOne - Responsive Web Design Software Review
Studies show that the majority of people now use their smartphones or tablets to research companies, read blogs or purchase products, and many people only use the Internet on mobile devices. That's not to say that no one is using computers any more, so you need to have a site that will look attractive and be simple to use on all screen sizes.
Responsive web design is the solution to the problem of how to ensure that a site looks and works ideally on all types of screens. A responsive website automatically adjusts to suit the screen that it's on, and with the help of DudaOne, a responsive website builder, it's easy to create your own responsive design.
Duda is well-known for its mobile website builder DudaMobile, which has already helped 5 million people convert their desktop websites into excellent mobile friendly sites. By simply adding your URL the program takes existing online content and builds your site in next to no time. DudaOne is Duda's new responsive web design solution and works in a similar way. Read on to learn about the benefits and drawbacks of this responsive website builder.
- Ease of Use. Like DudaMobile it's possible to get a website up and running in around an hour with DudaOne. As the program works in a similar way to the mobile converter, the responsive builder is incredibly easy-to-use. It enables you to save valuable time by importing all of your existing content from any other website or Facebook business page in just one click. If you don't have any existing online content, DudaOne can simply build your responsive website from scratch. The mobile website builder has drag and drop functionality that makes everything simple to do, and you never need to use code to create your site.
- Customization. With DudaOne, you can choose from numerous templates to get the foundation for your website. Many aspects of the template can be modified with just a few clicks. For example, you can change the layout, the colours (colours can be pulled from an existing site and can also be easily altered), there are over 50 font styles and you can change the graphics. To make site building faster, you can copy and paste any element inside of a site and duplicate pages. You can also add widgets to increase the functionality of the site. If you do know how to create a website with code, you can access all of the HTML and CSS to build something truly unique using DudaOne's Developer Mode.
- Management. Once your responsive website is complete, DudaOne makes it easy to manage it. Once published, you can make changes in the editor at any time, by clicking the publish button again your changes will immediately appear on the live site. DudaOne has built-in SEO features to help you drive traffic to your site which include control the title, keywords and descriptions of each page, alt and description tags on images, customisable page URLs, an automatically generated site map and more. The program also gives you access to detailed statistical information to assess your site performance.
- Customer Service. All users are able to get answers to their responsive design queries through the DudaOne online community and help guide. Users who purchase one of the two premium plans can also get support via email. There are no telephone or live chat customer service options.
- Cost. DudaOne does offer a free plan that provides community support and a domain name with "duda" in the title. Upgrading to a business+ plan costs $14.25 per month billed annually, $19 per month billed monthly or a $299 fee for the life of the site. The Business+ plan lets you set up a site without any ads on a custom domain, gives you access to phone support and other features like site backup. If you have an online store, you'll need the Business+ Ecommerce plan, which starts at $22.50 per month billed monthly or $29 per month billed annually. Website hosting is included with the cost of the site, so there are no additional fees.
Summary of the Pros of DudaOne as a Responsive Website Builder
Some of the top benefits of choosing DudaOne for making a responsive website include:
- Free Trial. One of the nicest things about DudaOne is that you can try it for free for 30 days before you commit to purchasing the plan. You might find out that you don't need the extra features from the premium service at all.
- Intuitive Design. Even if you don't have any experience with mobile website design, you can easily create an impressive responsive design with the help of DudaOne. Everything is straightforward and simple to figure out.
- Advanced Features. With DudaOne, you get access to features that you won't get with many other website builders. Which includes InSite. InSite enables you to create an ultra-personalized website that’s content will automatically change based on a visitor’s proximity to a business, how many times they’ve visited the site, time of day and more.
Summary of the Cons of DudaOne as a Responsive Website Builder
There are a few disadvantages to choosing DudaOne for making a responsive website, including:
- Customer Support Limitations. The fact that you can't email support with a question if you have a problem, or call or chat with a live person in real time no matter what type of plan you have is the biggest drawback of DudaOne. While most people won't need a lot of help using the responsive web design program because it's so straightforward, it's nice to know you can get help quickly if you need it.
- No Ability to Change Hosts. If you create your website with DudaOne, you will have to host it with Duda permanently, as the service does not allow you to port your mobile website to a new host.
- Performance Issues. Compared to some other responsive website builders, DudaOne runs slowly. It's also common to experience minor glitches along the way. Normally, you can resolve these by checking out the forums or the self-help guides.
A Brief Look at DudaOne
Affordably priced and simple to use, DudaOne is comprehensive enough to suit almost anyone's needs for responsive web design, and the few drawbacks that come with the program are outweighed by its many benefits. Its site traffic statistics provide more details than most site-building programs, and its InSite triggered-customization feature is rare among website builders. So if your site's look and functionality on mobile devices is a priority, DudaOne is definitely worth a look.
Want to make your own app? Building your own mobile application no longer consists of a large investment of both time and money... Read More
Find today’s best free apps! We've compiled a list of the best apps and websites on how to get paid apps for free every day... Read More