DudaMobile - Mobile Website Builder Review
Nowadays, fewer and fewer people are using computers for the majority of their Internet use. Most people now access websites using their mobile phones and tablets when they're on the go. Whether you have a blog, an online store, a personal website or a commercial website, you need to make sure that people who visit your web pages are able to use them to the fullest and see them clearly when they're on a mobile device.
The good news is that you don't have to spend hours researching how to create a website and learn how to code in order to create a mobile site. A website builder with mobile functionality can make the process so much easier.
Today, there are numerous mobile website builders out there to choose from, and one of the most popular choices for making a mobile website is DudaMobile. Already, this mobile friendly website designer has been used to create more than 5 million websites, and there are a number of reasons why people choose it for making a mobile site. Read on to learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of this program for mobile website design.
Please Note: Duda offers two products: DudaMobile and Dudaone. DudaMobile is more of a converting software that works with existing online content from a website or Facebook page. There are some templates available to build your mobile website from scratch. However, it seems if you want to build a new website, DudaMobile will point you in the direction of DudaOne. As a responsive website is your best option if your just starting out. DudaOne is a responsive website builder that as well as working with existing online content will create new, mobile-friendly websites that adjust to fit any screen size.
- Ease of Use. Even if you no idea about how to create a mobile website, you'll have an easy time making a mobile website with DudaMobile. The program is very intuitive and walks you through the process step by step. People with no mobile web design experience can typically get a site up and running in under an hour with the program. To optimise an existing website for mobile devices you simply enter your website's URL. The program then links with your company's existing online content. You don't need to know how to code to use DudaMobile; however, if you do understand coding, you have the flexibility of being able to use CSS or HTML to enhance the functionality of your site.
- Customisation. DudaMobile's easy-to-use drag and drop editor lets you alter the colour scheme, font style, navigation style and other features of the site easily. Widgets make adding functionality to websites like QR codes and push-to-call buttons incredibly easy as well, so you can make your mobile site more engaging to users. The mobile website can also be set up to work with a number of common platforms, including Facebook, Yelp, Open Table, Google Maps, Google AdSense, PayPal, YouTube, Twitter and WordPress.
- Management. Once your site is made, you can access it from the same control panel that you used to build it. The web design service has some great search engine optimization (SEO) features to help you improve your site's standing in search engine results and ensure that your site is compliant with Google’s latest terms and policies. It's also very easy to connect your mobile site with Google Analytics, so that you can monitor site traffic, find out where your visitors are coming from and keep a close eye on your data and traffic patterns in real-time.
- Customer Service. DudaMobile has a community board where you can get help from other users when designing your site and articles and guides to help you use the mobile website builder. Email support is available with paid plans. Overall, DudaMobile has a good reputation and a high customer satisfaction rate. The company has won multiple awards and has partnered with major tech giants like Yahoo!, Google and GoDaddy.
- Cost. DudaMobile has a free package that provides basic mobile web design features, analytics and tracking, web hosting and access to the support community. With the free plan, ads will display on your mobile site and you'll receive a DudaMobile domain name. To upgrade to more advanced site features, such as a custom domain and push notifications, you can purchase the premium DudaMobile plan. The paid plan also eliminates the ads from the page. The cost of the Premium plan is $7.20 per month billed annually or $9.99 per both billed monthly. You can also pay $159 one time and have access to your website for life.
Summary of the Pros of DudaMobile as a Website Builder
Some of the top benefits of choosing DudaMobile for making a mobile friendly website include:
- Free Trial. You can try DudaMobile for 30 days to see if it's the right choice of mobile website builder for you and to evaluate whether or not the free plan will meet your needs.
- Useful Widgets. A great feature of DudaMobile is the option to use numerous widgets. Widgets allow you to add various functions to your site. These site widgets enable you to further improve your website with functions that have mobile devices in mind, which include photo gallery, Twitter feed, image slider and many more.
- Advanced Marketing. Some of the marketing features like click-to-call, click-to-map and QR code functionality that are available to add to sites with DudaMobile aren't common among many mobile website builders.
Summary of the Cons of DudaMobile as a Website Builder
There are a few disadvantages to choosing DudaMobile for making a mobile friendly website, including:
- Online Content. DudaMobile is one of the few companies that offers separate mobile website builder and responsive website builder software programs. As DudaMobile is a converting software that works more efficiently with existing online content it's better if you have website, or at the very least a Facebook page to use DudaMobile.
- Limited Support. With the free package, support for DudaMobile is really lacking. The only access you get for support for your mobile website with the free plan is the online community message boards and the self-help guides. With the premium plan, you can email the tech team to get help with mobile website design; however, there is no phone number or chat feature for instant assistance.
- Some Features Missing. Most people will find that DudaMobile will fully meet their needs as a website builder, but there are some features that the service doesn't provide that others do. Still, with CSS or HTML, you can typically add most advanced features that you might be missing.
DudaMobile is a good choice for someone who wants to create a website specifically for mobile devices. Very simple to master, its features will allow you to put together a basic to slightly advanced mobile site and to manage it with ease. While the simplicity of this platform may not appeal to some more advanced users, small and mid-sized businesses should find DudaMobile an excellent platform to build a mobile version of an existing website.
Want to make your own app? Building your own mobile application no longer consists of a large investment of both time and money... Read More
Are you making the most of the time you spend using your smartphone? If not, then maybe you're just not downloading the right... Read More