BeFrugal Review - Coupons and Cashback Rebate Rewards
Are you a frequent online shopper? If so, you could be making money every time that you head to the virtual checkout. The cash back site BeFrugal allows you to get rebates on online purchases, so that you end up spending less on your purchases. With coupons and exclusive online deals, the site can also help you save money upfront and even in-store.
What Is BeFrugal?
BeFrugal is an online deals site that launched in 2009. The site operates out of a headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, and combines the benefits of a coupons site with the benefits of a cash back site. You can easily find a way to save money either at purchase or afterward on nearly all types of merchandise that you might consider purchasing online. BeFrugal also provide an application for both Android and iOS, enabling you to snag the best deals direct from your mobile device while you're on the go.
Using BeFrugal couldn't be easier. First, you need to sign up by providing your email address. The process literally takes just a few seconds to complete. Once you are registered, you'll get access to the site's home page. At the top, you'll find an All Stores directory. Before you make an online purchase, you can click on the type of product that you're shopping for to see what deals and rebates are available. You can also use the search box to search for a particular type of item or a retailer. To earn cash back, you simply click the link provided on the website. For coupons, you typically have to cut and paste a code at checkout. There are also thousands of printable, restaurant and grocery coupons available for you to use on in-store purchases.
With BeFrugal, you can make money by telling other people about the cashback site. Once you have registered for an account, you'll receive a personal link that you can distribute to friends and family through email or social media. If you have a large social media following and you post consistently about the deals site, there's no limit to how much money you can make. The site even allows you to share your link to Facebook or Twitter with just one click and has a banner code for adding a link to a personal website or blog.
Every time that someone uses your unique refer-a-friend link to sign up for BeFrugal, your account is credited with a $15 referral bonus. Your bonus will stay pending until your referral earns $10 or more in cash back within 365 days of account creation (this can vary with each promotional period). In turn, each qualified new member referred through your refer-a-friend link will earn a $10 sign-up bonus.
How Do Payments Work?
When you make a purchase that qualifies for a rebate, the money is credited to your account automatically within 60 days of your purchase. Once you have a minimum of $25 in your BeFrugal account, you can request to have a payment sent to you.
BeFrugal offers three different methods of payment for rebate revenues. US residents can have a check sent to them by mail. This is the slowest way to get money from rebates on the site. Another option is to have the money back payment credited to an Amazon online gift card. A great benefit of this payment option is that BeFrugal will add an extra 3 percent to the earnings that you make, this is because Amazon pay a 3% commission on gift card purchases and BeFrugal gives that commission to you. The most popular option is to have the money credited to a PayPal account. You can then use the money to shop online, have a check mailed to you or credit your checking or savings account.
Benefits of BeFrugal
BeFrugal offers a number of benefits, including:
- Easy Source of Cash Back. With BeFrugal, you make money just by buying things you already intended to purchase. It's a simple way to put a little more money in your pocket if you frequently shop online.
- Large Number of Merchants. BeFrugal has 50,000 online retailers in its portfolio, giving you plenty of opportunities to get deals. The Cash Back program includes 500 retailers, more than other sites.
- Multiple Ways to Make Money. In addition to the rebates and coupon deals, you can earn money for referring friends and get a bonus just for signing up. Keep in mind, though, that you do have earn a specific amount of cash back to get the bonus and will only have a certain amount of time to earn it (this can vary with each promotional period).
- Good Customer Support. If you ever have questions or problems, you can get in touch with BeFrugal through online live customer chat and through email. Reports show that the company is very responsive and handles problems professionally.
Drawbacks of BeFrugal
There are a few disadvantages to using BeFrugal, including:
- Problems with the System. Unfortunately, there are many reports of individuals not getting the rebates that they are entitled to through BeFrugal. If you use the site, it's important that you keep track of your purchases and look for them to get credited to your account.
- Complicated Terms. Some of the rebate offers and discount promotions are not straightforward. You may need to spend a certain amount or buy certain products in order to get the cash back. Be sure to read all of the offers closely to make sure you qualify for money back on a purchase before you make it.
- Long Transaction Clearing Time. Cash Back rebates can take up to 60 days to post to your account. This is slower than a lot of other cash back sites and can make tracking difficult.
- Cash Out. You need $25 in cash back earnings before you can cash out. If you don’t manage to refer anyone, that’s a tall order. In that case, you’d have to spend $250 at partner stores, assuming a 10% cash back rate, just to be able to cash out!
Overall, BeFrugal is a good way to save money when you're shopping online and in-store. Their coupons and deals make it possible to spend less at checkout, and through the Cash Back program, you can recoup a fair percentage of what you spend when you shop at many popular online stores. Since the rates are the same or higher than all other sites, you can arguably reach that $25 cash out goal faster. Just remember to read all of the offers closely to make sure you qualify for a rebate, monitor your account, and keep in mind that it can take up to 60 days for some stores to issue credit.
Did you know, that people spend an average of 3 hours a day on their mobile devices? Spending hours on your mobile device can... Read More
Are you making the most of the time you spend using your smartphone? If not, then maybe you're just not downloading the right... Read More